The People matter
Make a Contribution
Your contribution helps us reach the community with Cat's vision for justice and equity in Oakland. Consider making a sustaining monthly gift to provide ongoing support for Community Town Halls and Education events.
- Contributions are not tax deductible for federal income tax purposes.
- Individuals, labor unions, businesses and political action committees can contribute a maximum of $800 per election.
- Broad-based political committees can contribute a maximum of $1,500 per election.
- Contributions must be made from the donors’ own funds and may not be reimbursed by any other person.
- Contributions of $100 or more made in cash, by cashier’s check or money order are prohibited.
- Contributions from foreign nationals not admitted for permanent residency or contributions made in the name of another are prohibited.
The Oakland Campaign Reform Act limits campaign contributions by all persons (OMC §§3.12.050 and 3.12.060) and prohibits contributions during specified time periods from contractors doing business with the City of Oakland, the Oakland Redevelopment Agency or the Oakland Unified School District (OMC §3.12.140 paragraphs A, B and C.)